The Jerusalem cross, also known as Crusaders' cross or the "Five-fold Cross" originates with the coat of arms worn by Godfrey of Bouillon during the First Crusade, and it remained in use as the arms of the King of Jerusalem throughout their duration (1099–1291).
The Lord of Bouillon was the first knight to arrive in Jerusalem and thus free the city from the Muslim occupation.
The cross was later used by the Knights Templar and the Knights Hospitaller.
A banner with a variation of the Jerusalem cross was used at the proclamation of the Revolution on Mount Pelion Anthimos Gazis in May 1821 in the Greek War of Independence.
- Hand carved in solid yellow bronze.
- Signed in the artist in the back.
- Patina applied for contrast.
- Nickel free
- Soldered bronze eyelet.
- The charms are about 15 mm wide.
- 14k gold filled chain
- The thin chain is 1.4mm.
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.