This Spartan Shield pendant is hand sculpted in solid yellow bronze. It has been antiqued and beaten up some to show use in battle.
The letter lambda (Λ), standing for Laconia (administrative capital of Sparta) or Lacedaemon (ancient name for the city of Sparta), which was painted on the Spartans' shields, was first adopted in the 420s BC, and quickly became a widely known Spartan symbol. Military families passed on their shields to each generation as family heirlooms.
- Hand sculpted solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze warrior Spartan shield.
- The pendant is about 3/4".
- Domed shaped
- Soldered bronze tube bail
- Signed in the back by artist
- 4 mm black Greek leather option
- 14k gold filled chain option. Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- Nickel free