Hand carved square knossos maze necklace.
In Greek mythology, the Labyrinth was an elaborate, confusing structure designed for King Minos of Knossos on Crete to contain the ferocious half-man/half-bull known as the Minotaur. The monster eventually killed by the hero Theseus. The labyrinth is viewed as a symbol of change, coming of age and new responsabilty.
The single-path (unicursal) seven-course "Classical" design without branching or dead ends became associated with the Labyrinth on coins as early as 430 BC.
Inscription: ΚΝΩΣΙΩΝ square labyrinth, spear head and lightning
• Hand sculpted.
• Based on a silver coin from Knossos Mint (350-325 BC). This is not the original.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
• Pendant is 1" x 1"
• Signed in the back by artist
• 14k gold filled chain option.
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not peel off.
• Nickel free.
• 4mm black leather option. The leather locks in the pendant. Cannot be removed.
top of page
bottom of page