This cameo represents Theseus. On the helmet is sculpted Theseus defeating the Centaur. Theseus was the founder-king of Athens, son of Aegeus and Poseidon, both of whom Aethra had slept with in one night. Theseus was a founder-hero, like Perseus, Cadmus, or Heracles, all of whom battled and overcame foes that were identified with an archaic religious and social order. As Heracles was the Dorian hero, Theseus was the Athenian founding hero.
• Handmade cameo pendant.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
• Reproduction of a 17th c. Victorian Grand Tour cameo.
• Bronze bail soldered in the back.
• The cameo is 35 mm x 30 mm
• Signed in the back by artist
• 14k gold filled chain
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option
top of page
bottom of page