Hand carved cloisonne pendant representing the Assyrian goddess Tiamat.
Tiamat is the symbol of the chaos of primordial creation. She is a goddess of the ocean, mating with Abzû (the god of fresh water) to produce younger gods.
It is suggested that there are two parts to the Tiamat mythos, the first in which Tiamat is a creator goddess, through a "Sacred marriage" between salt and fresh water, peacefully creating the cosmos through successive generations.
In the second Tiamat is considered the monstrous embodiment of primordial chaos. Some sources identify her with images of a sea serpent or dragon.
She gave birth to the first generation of deities.
• Hand carved cloisonne pendant
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
• Hand painted
• Gold leaf in background
• Sealed with a layer of resin to protect finish.
• Soldered bronze bail.
• Signed in the back by artist
• The pendant is about 27 mm x 25 mm.
• 14k gold filled chain option
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
• Nickel free
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option.
If not in stock takes 6-10 days to make. If you are in a rush please contact me to see I have in stock in which case it will be shipped right away.
Chain & Leather options