Hand carved Sumerian Annunaki goddess Tiamat pendant.
Tiamat is the symbol of the chaos of primordial creation. She is a goddess of the ocean, mating with Abzû (the god of fresh water) to produce younger gods.
It is suggested that there are two parts to the Tiamat mythos, the first in which Tiamat is a creator goddess, through a "Sacred marriage" between salt and fresh water, peacefully creating the cosmos through successive generations.
In the second Tiamat is considered the monstrous embodiment of primordial chaos. Some sources identify her with images of a sea serpent or dragon.
She gave birth to the first generation of deities.
- Hand carved pendant
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
- Soldered bronze bail.
- Signed in the back by artist
- The pendant is about 27 mm x 25 mm.
- 14k gold filled chain option
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free
- 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option.
- Each piece is fired individually thus sizes and colors may vary slightly from the listed pictures.
top of page
bottom of page