Hand carved Viking dragon necklace norse jewelry.
To the Norse, dragons and serpents were the same creatures and not differentiated.
These sea-serpents were symbolic of the Viking prowess, and were used to heighten the warrior's sense of self, and to frighten potential opponents. The dragons on the bows of their ships were also believed to scare away the serpents in the depths of the ocean.
This is a hand sculpted Viking design of 10 horned dragons. Protectors of the immortality.
• Hand carved pendant and bail
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant
• Patina applied for contrast.
• The pendant is about 30 mm and the bail 12mm.
• Signed in the back by artist
• 3.5 mm thick 14k gold filled chain option
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• 3.5 mm thick antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
• The oxidized chain is chemically darkened and is not painted on. Overtime the oxidation might fade or darken in color depending on the wearer's body chemistry.
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option
• Nickel free