Hand carved sweet violet earrings.
Birth flower of the month of February and symbolizes modesty and faithfullness.
Viola odorata is native to Europe and Asia, but has also been introduced to North America and Australia.
The violet flower was a favorite in ancient Greece and became the symbol of Athens. Scent suggested sex, so the violet was an emblematic flower of Aphrodite and also of her son Priapus, the deity of gardens and generation.
The sweet scent of this flower has proved popular, particularly in the late Victorian period, and has consequently been used in the production of many cosmetic fragrances and perfumes. The French are also known for their violet syrup, most commonly made from an extract of violets. In the United States, this French violet syrup is used to make violet scones and marshmallows.
- Hand carved cloisonne charm
- Original artwork
- Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze charm
- Hand painted
- Gold leaf in background
- Sealed with a layer of resin
- Soldered eyelet on top
- Signed in the back by artist
- Charm is 1.25" x 0.5" or 30 mm x 12 mm.
- 14k gold filled ear wire
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated. Does not rub off.
- Nickel free