Hand sculpted welsh dragon pendant.
The Welsh Dragon appears on the national flag of Wales. The oldest recorded use of the dragon to symbolize Wales is in the Historia Brittonum, written around AD 829, but it is popularly supposed to have been the battle standard of King Arthur and other ancient Celtic leaders. The red dragon is often seen as symbolizing all things Welsh, and is used by many public and private institutions.
Dragons are mythical creatures that have always been fascinating throughout history and are even now very prominent characters in fantasy games and movies such as Magic The gathering, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, Dungeons and Dragons, Dragon Age, Magic the Gathering to name a few.
This dragon is inspired by a 12th c. piece featured at the Metropolitan Museum in New York.
- Hand carved in solid yellow bronze also called jeweler's gold bronze.
- The pendant measures about 30mm x 18mm or 1 1/4" x 3/4".
- Soldered bronze eyelet on the upper corners.
- 14k gold filled chain option
- Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
- Nickel free.
- Antiqued solid sterling silver chain option
- 5mm thick black leather option
- Each piece is fired individually thus sizes and colors may vary slightly from the listed pictures.
top of page
bottom of page