Handmade intaglio cameo pendant representing Zeus in the shape of a snake seducing Olympia, queen of Macedonia.
she was a devout member of the snake-worshiping cult of Dionysus, and slept with snakes in her bed. Even though she was married to king of Macedon, Philip II, the myth goes that she was seduced by Zeus who took the shape of one of her snakes and fathered Alexander the Great.
• Handmade reproduction of a 17th c. cameo intaglio from the Victorian Grand Tour.
• Solid yellow bronze also called jeweler gold bronze pendant.
• Bronze bail soldered in the back.
• The medallion is 38 mm x 30 mm
• Signed in the back by the artist
• 14k gold filled chain options
• Gold filled has 100 times more gold than plated thus does not rub or peel off.
• Nickel free
• 4 mm wide black genuine Greek leather option